Mukhya Mantri Shikshak Samman Yojana in Himachal Pradesh
The name ‘Sikshak Samman Yojana’ as it suggests is to give honor to the teachers. The teachers who are from Trained Graduate teachers or Post Graduate Teachers category will be given this benefit. This is to encourage the teachers of the state to give a better performance.
The teachers form the base of the culture because they shape the minds of the future generation. Indeed to take the nation forward, more hardworking and efficient teachers are needed. This is why the Himachal Pradesh Government announced the Mukhya Mantri Shikshak Samman Yojana to give the teachers their due for their contribution to the society.
Key features of this scheme
- Under this scheme the teachers who give their hundred percent to their cause will be given financial benefits. The Chief Minister said that those who will give this result within the next 5 years will also be given extra one year of service.
- Not just that, to honor the teachers and to encourage the education system, the ministry will open two new senior secondary schools. These schools will be developed in each Vidhan Sabha as an ‘Adarsh Vidyalay’ or ideal school.
- Also, those colleges that have a total strength of students exceeding 4000 will be provided the benefits of this scheme. Education will be a new subject that will be introduced in the under graduate level.
Reasons this is being implemented
Himachal Pradesh had been long suffering from poor education levels. the learning levels had taken an all time low curve. By encouraging the teachers to work diligently by providing them financial benefit and work life benefit, they aim to improve this issue.
What are the aims of this scheme?
Every scheme envisions some aims. In this case they are the following –
- It aims to give a push to the entrepreneurs. It also aims to push the youth towards self employment and employment generation. It will also provide the entrepreneurs with the skills to sustain their venture.
- It will also enable entrepreneurs to select very viable projects for their ventures. The “Start Up innovations” project or the “New Industries Scheme” will help achieve this.
- Also, at the end of the day it aims to improve the education conditions of the state. The level of learning and employment is what has been aimed to improve under this scheme.
Here is more information on this –
|1||Administrative charges levied on PSUs and ministries||9 per cent|
|2||Education as a subject to be introduced from||2017-18 onwards|
|3||Cabinet meeting headed by||Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh|