Ayushman Bharat Yojana Programme Notification 2018 (Namocare And Modicare) [Application Process, Registration Form, Premium Mode, Card]
The union budget for the financial year 2018-19 has established a bottom-line for flying start of National Health Protection scheme (NHPS), this is termed as Modicare or Namocare. As the avid heath protection scheme was unaccounted for in last year’s budget, the finance minister Arun Jaitley announced this scheme which provides various benefits to many poor people of the nation.
This freshly announced scheme is connoted by Mr Narendra Modi in the year 2016 to provide vital health care protection to people belonging to the weaker sections of the society and it will be the world’s largest state-sponsored healthcare program.
The toll free number for this very scheme is 1800-180-1104. The target of this scheme is 10 crores families.
Main features of the scheme:
- This new scheme has an edge over the previously running scheme Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana, which offers health insurance to poor workers who work in unorganized sectors.
- Finance minister Arun Jaitley stated that this scheme will provide Rs 5 lakhs per year to each eligible family for their medical care.
- The scheme is all set to cover 1 crore poor and under protected people of the nation and an estimate of protecting 5 crore people has been made.
- The beneficiaries will get the facility of cashless treatment. They will be allowed to get treatments in private as well as government hospitals and healthcare centres.
- Mostly the schemes are focused on providing coverage for expensive treatments so not many people are benefitted through such schemes. But under this scheme all people will be benefitted in terms of the insurance policy/plan. It is a cashless and Aadhar based scheme.
- As per Central government statements this scheme is constructed to offer coverage to over 10 crore families within the national boundaries. The scheme will offer full benefit to the ones who have previously been deprived of other health insurance plans.
- The coverage depends upon the data obtained from socio-economic caste census held by the government 2011. The benefits of this scheme are irrespective of the members in the family.
- The beneficiary is required to hold a valid Aadhar card.
Registration for the scheme:
- This is the largest government funded scheme and no money is charged for its registration. So beware of any fraudulent services offline or online asking for money for the registration.
- There is no official statement released regarding the launch of the scheme. The registration have not started yet and as per the source the registrations will be online and the applicants are required to fill in the online application form. Speculations are made for the launch of the scheme to be on 15thAugust i.e. Independence Day.
Scanned copy of Aadhar card, Income Certificate, Caste certificate are required to be attached to the online form and uploaded with it.
Premium per family under Modicare:
- The government announced Rs 11,000 & Rs 12000 to be declared as the premium paid that will be on per month basis.
- By getting registered under this scheme, the beneficiary party will get Rs 5 lakhs per year.
Extra health cess on Ayushman Bharat programs:
- Financial minister Arun Jaitley announced that a deduction will be made in name of health cess which will be 1%. The amount will be subtracted from each of the tax payer, countrywide by the ministry of health.
- Rs 11000 crore is expected to be collected through health cess. This money will aid in funding of the scheme in its preliminary stages.
- The amount of health cess will be endured by eligible tax payers of the nation.
- The process of implementation of the scheme will be carried out in 3 phases nationwide.
- The documentation process related to the scheme will be accomplished by June end, as stated by the government.
- The packages for executing in the scheme will be confirmed by the authorities by April end 2018.
- The phase is all set to start by 15th August according to the mentioned guidelines.
Health and wellness centres:
By designating Rs 1200 crore, the Union Finance Ministry has announced regarding Health and Wellness centres. These centres will be updated with latest technologies and all necessary equipment to provide medical attention to the women, child, maternity and the ones with non-communicable diseases. Around 1.5 lakhs health care centre are expected to be established.
Along with these 2 programs, 24 government medical colleges and hospitals will be established across the country. As per Finance ministry, each state will have at least one government medical college under the New India 2018 thus easing the medical access for general people.
- An amount of Rs 10000 crore to Rs 20000 crore will be allocated by the centre on annual basis for execution of the scheme I order to have low cost premiums for beneficiaries.
- The already existing Rashtriya Swasthya Beema Yojana will be merged together with NHPS for its smooth functioning.
- The government will also try to provide additional funds up to Rs 11000 crore annually through health cess.
- In the initial stages of the scheme the state are expected to contribute 50% towards premiums. The central government is required to allocate a fund of Rs 5000 to Rs 6000 crore for the execution of scheme.
- Also setting the budget of 10000 crore, it will be invested in the scheme in its first state of launching. The amount will be shred in a ratio of Rs 6000 crore and Rs 4000 crore.
Mission director of Ayushman Bharat-
Manoj Jhalani, who is the present secretary of Health and Family ministry, has been nominated as mission director for this scheme.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana is a contemporary and extensive public health program of the Indian Government that is to be launched on August 15. In accordance with it the Ayushman Bharat Diwas was celebrated on 30th April.
Other Major Yojanas