Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Yojana Odisha
The government of Odisha has launched a new scheme for providing legal assistance to the poor people of Odisha. On 24th of December 2016 the chief minister of Odisha Mr. Naveen Patnaik this scheme named as “Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Yojana” revamping the socio-economic structure. This scheme is launched to save the poor people from any kind of manipulation in legal issues. The legal assistance will be provided free of cost. This is said to be one of the best initiative by the government of Odisha to protect the poor and uneducated people of the remote villages and tribal areas of this state.
About the Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Yojana
This scheme will provide poor people a legal support so that they can clear all their disputes in the Panchayat level at no cost. Due to lack of money the poor and the needy people are ill treated and manipulated by the rich and the high class people of the village. To stop this, the government has taken this bold step. This scheme will be prioritizing the women, senior citizens, children, ST and SC and other weaker sections. Through this scheme the people will become aware of their own legal rights and will be able to protect themselves.
The key features of the scheme
- Legal assistance will be provided to the deprived people of 6812 gram panchayats throughout the state. The Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Yojana under Bharat Nirmal Rajiv Gandhi Seva Kendra.
- The legal assistance that is going to be provided is free of cost so that justice is given to everyone and not confined within the class that has money or power.
- A practicing lawyer with minimum 3 years of experience will able to take charge of the legal cells and will be given rupees 500 as a remuneration of each sitting by the Odisha state government. They will be engaged out of a panel three lawyer.
- Women, children, senior citizen and weaker people will be given priority at first. These legal cells will be organized four times a month. The Gram Rojgar Sevak will get rupees 150 by the Odisha government. Legal aid, legal advice and legal assistance are all provided for free to the poor and weaker mass.
- Each panchayat will have lawyers who will be handling these issues as they are assigned. Government will organize “Sahayata Shibirs” on every Saturday for the poor people.
The main motive behind this scheme
Throughout ages India has seen how the poor are manipulated by the rich people. They need a legal support to fight against all these and protect themselves. Thus this scheme will be providing justice to the poor and the deprived people so that they do not feel that they are discriminated by the government. Many awareness programs are held and will be held in future to make people aware about this scheme so that they do not hesitate at all to seek justice.