Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam Scheme
Telangana state government has taken another step towards the wellness of the people living under the scheduled caste category. The state government has launched a new scheme for the unmarried girls under the categories scheduled tribe and scheduled caste. Under this scheme the girls will get financial assistance from the state government so that they don’t face any financial struggle at the time of marriage.
The scheme, Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam was launched on 2nd of October in the year 2014.
Who is eligible for Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam / Scheme?
- Married Status : Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam is exclusively for the unmarried girls in the state. The grooms will not be eligible for the scheme. Before applying for the scheme, the marriage has to be fixed.
- Age Limit Rule : The age of each girl / candidate must be above 18 years. As on date 2nd October 2014 the girl who is getting married must be or above 18 years. There is no upper age limit is announced.
- Income Limit : The girl must belong to scheduled caste or scheduled tribe category. The total family income must not be more than 2 Lac per annum.
- Citizen of the state : Each candidate or applicant must be the citizen of Telengana. Any outsider who is living the state but don’t have voting rights will not be eligible for the scheme.
What are the key features of Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam / Scheme?
- The Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam Scheme is designed for the unmarried girls. This scheme is launched to provide financial assistance to the girl’s family at the time of their marriage.
- KLP scheme, as mentioned launched late in the year 2014 for the bride’s family only. The government has planned to provide up to Rs. 51, 000/- to the bride’s family at the time of marriage for diverse expenses related to wedding.
- To apply for the KLP scheme, one has to fill up an online application form available in their official website. No other modes of application are available or acceptable by the authority.
- The amount mentioned by the authority will be given to each family whoever will be registered under this scheme. Once the marriage is fixed, anyone who is eligible for the scheme can register with the scheme.
- As of now the state government has already disbursed Rs. 337 Cr for two marriage schemes. These are Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam and Shaadi Mubarak Scheme. Both these schemes have same features.
- Kalyana Lakshmi was started with Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe only, but now the state government has extended its area to other backward classes as well. As of now the girls belonging to backward classes will also be eligible to receive money for their marriage.
- From 2014 till this year nearly 41,000+ people have benefited from the scheme. At the time of their marriage they have received the mentioned amount from the state government that helped them to arrange things easily.
- The applicant must apply for the scheme at least one month prior to her marriage date. The marriage and the bridegroom’s details must be given to the application form. Without this information the application will not be considered.
- From the month of April 2017, the government of Telangana has decided to increase the amount to Rs. 75, 116/- from Rs. 51, 000/-. The demand for the scheme and the necessity of such financial assistance leads the government to take this decision.
How to get the form?
The form is available on their official website. The direct link for the application form is https://telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in/KalyanLakshmi.do. There is no other mode of application under this scheme. Only online application is available and will be accepted.
How to fill the application form for Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam / Scheme?
There are 4 sections in the form:
- There are 7 sub-sections under this section. The first section consists of personal details of the bride such as name, educational qualification, phone number, bride’s father and mother’s names and whether SSC is available or not.
- Next is the address section where the bride’s current address details should be entered. The next section is about the permanent address of the bride.
- Next is income section followed by bank details of the bride and bride’s mother section where the bride has to enter the income details and her complete bank details.
- Finally the bride has to give proper information regarding her caste details. The caste she is belonging to, district, MRO number and so on.
Under this section bridegroom’s details such as name, address, education, income and other personal details should be given.
Date of marriage, venue of marriage (Temple, house or hall) details should be given along with the address of the venue.
Under upload section the bride has to upload few documents such as aadhaar card of the bride and bridegroom, photos, age proof of the bride, bank pass book copy of bride and her mother’s account, marriage confirmation certificate and approval certificate from panchayat.
The scheme is launched to facilitate the bride’s family who are under privileged. At the time of girl’s wedding most of the families face financial problems and this scheme will be a big help for them.