Jio launches brand new 4G phones at Rs. 1000 with Unlimited Free voice Calls
We have been using Reliance Jio 4G services on our smartphones. But those of us who didn’t have 4G phones were being deprived of this new benefit. However this issue was supposed to be only temporary.
As promised, Reliance has come up with its new Lyf smartphone series. This phone will have 4G connection and it will be well within the budget of the average Indian. In its attempt to attract billions of customers, Reliance is now making the prices very cheap. The starting price for a 4G enabled phone would be anywhere around Rs. 1000.
What’s more? It is not just going to come in cheap prices but is also going to come bundled with features such as video calling, voice calling, etc all of which will be unlimited. Yes, just like the previous plan, this plan too is going to be out there soon. So you can imagine that there is going to be a big wave of crowd looking at the phones already.
Things to know about brand Jio
Jio, the company that launched its scheme in September 2016 and shook the whole Telecom industry is now a popular network. But do we really know the brand? Let us learn a few things about the brand itself first.
You can say that Jio is the brainchild of Reliance that wants to penetrate into the deeper and most remote parts of the nation. Here are a few key facts you should know about it before purchasing its brand launch Lyf mobile –
- Jio is the only Telecom Company in the country that allows you to make VOLTE calls. Since its launch on September 5th 2016, it has added over 25 million users.
- It is estimated that with the launch of its new phones and over the next few months it will have over 100 million subscribers. It is the fastest growing Telecom Company in the country, since it had so many subscribers within such a short frame of time.
- For doing all this, tapping into the feature phone market is very important. This is why Reliance is now launching the Lyf phone which will be affordable even for the poor.
Lyf phones will be priced at Rs. 1000
Even though the company hasn’t itself announced anything, the basic price will be well within Rs. 1000 to Rs. 1500.
With this phone, Jio will provide the VOLTE calling and data features even to the rural population. Since its competitor Airtel already has 260 million subscribers all over the country, Reliance Jio aims to beat them by providing cheaper smartphones along with free services.
This is why within Rs. 1000 the users will not just get a new phone but also the free services that are being provided to the Jio SIM users at present. All these smartphone will come with some free period of unlimted voice calls.
This 4G Smartphone will be named ‘Lyf Easy’
According to insider reports and TeleAnalysis, the new brand will be called ‘Lyf Easy’. We already know that reliance will brand the phones ‘Lyf’. The phones which are supposed to come out in series under this brand are thought to be named as ‘Easy Lyf’ or most probably ‘Lyf Easy’.
When will it be launched?
The phone is thought to be launched on January 2017. According to insider reports the phone will be launched within the first quarter of 2017 that is within January to March 2017 itself.
The phones that will be launched will not just allow you to use free internet over 4G network but will also allow you to send free text messages. The users who use expensive 4G phones will be able to use this phone for the same.
Will they be of good quality?
Regarding quality, the users are the best judge. We can only give you some key facts about the phone that will help you judge the quality of the phones –
- Reliance Jio has joined hands with domestic cell phone handset maker Lava International to roll out their Lyf phones. They are also using Chinese original equipment to make the phones.
- Jio is said to be subsuming the prices so that these can be made available in Rs. 1000 (roughly $15). The original price of making the phone is about $25 which is then sold for Rs. 2500 in the market.
- The first batch of the phone will be sold through select retailers across the country. They will be sold via both Jio and Lava to reach a wider market – so that the target demographic is able to access it.
Lava collaboration and future of 4G in India
The chairman of Lava International said that they are looking for a partner in their collaboration with Jio. This new step has been taken to strengthen the country’s Telecom network and to empower rural people to access digital services. He specifically mentioned that they are looking at new ways to market this phone. However, any comments about their tie up with Jio for this new phone manufacture were declined.
It is said that china’s Transsion is another Company that will be rolling out similar phones in India by April.
A tabular review
|Serial No.||VoLTE phones features||VoLTE Services|
|1||Front facing and rear camera||Jio Chat|
|3||Android OS||Digital wallet|
|4||Touchscreen||Video on Demand|