Apply for Har Ghar Bijli Yojana | Apply for Free Electricity Connection Scheme in Bihar
The Chief Minister of Bihar had earlier announced his resolves which stressed upon the importance of electricity. Keeping in line with his objectives to empower and provide proper infrastructure to the state, he has launched this new scheme. The Har Ghar Bijli Yojana comes under the Saat Nischay portfolio. It was recently launched in November 15, and the state government agencies have instructions to immediately implement them.
Main aims of Har Ghar Bijli Yojana
- The main aim is to provide electricity in every household. Still now there are thousands of homes in Bihar that are deprived of electricity. Under this scheme, the houses that do not have them yet will be considered to get the benefits.
- Also the scheme aims to provide connection to over 50 lakh households. The implementation of the scheme is to be done by the year 2018.
- The scheme is not just targeting the urban population but also the rural poor families apart from the ones that are being already covered by Deen Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana.
- The state has more than 50% of the Above Poverty Level homes that are devoid of electricity. Even these houses will be covered under the free electricity connection scheme.
How much will it cost to get this connection?
The connections you will get under this scheme will be costless. Yes, it will be provided for free to the beneficiaries. However, only the installation will be done for free. The electricity bills will have to be paid monthly as usual.
You will have to take the electric connection but if you do not wish to, you have to state the reason in writing. Measures will then be taken according to the requirements. However, you are always encouraged to take the electricity connection by the state,
Har Ghar Bijli Yojana is a standalone scheme that aims to better the power availability in the state. It also ensures that the state has adequate infrastructure to fall back on during times of development. The availability of electricity will better the lifestyle of the citizens and will let them take advantage of new services.
Many of the objectives under the seven resolves had already been implemented. Now the second phase of this scheme has also begun.
|Name of Yojana||Har Ghar Bijli Yojana|
|Launched By||CM Nitish Kumar|
|Target Audience||People of Bihar|
|Cost of Installation||Free|
|Total Number of Beneficiaries||50 Lakhs|
- Free Reliance Jio D2H and Broadband (Welcome Offer) Soon
- Jio launches brand new 4G smartphones at Rs. 1000 with Unlimited Free voice Calls
- Bihar Credit Card Scheme by CM Nitish
- Kushal Yuva Program Bihar
- Bihar Berozgari Bhatta Scheme
- How to Exchange Old rs 500 Notes