Mukyamantri Yuva Swavalamban Yojana 2017-18 in Gujarat
Many students cannot complete their desire to acquire higher degree due to lack of money. Some of these students belong to the poor families or are facing troubled times due to the death of the earning member of the family. The state government of Gujarat has come forward with a special scheme for the needy students. With the implementation of the Mukhyamantri Yuva Swavalamban Yojana, the government will provide the needy students with money to meet the requirements of the academic courses.
|Name||Mukhyamantri Yuva Swavalamban Yojana|
|Declaration was made by||Chief Minister of Gujarat Vijay Rupani|
|Supervised by||Gujarat State Department|
|Helping Number||079-26566000, and 7043333181|
|Helping Timing||10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m|
|Session||2017 – 2018|
|Start date of Registration||1st of September|
|Last date of Registration||31st October|
Key features of the scheme
- State sponsored scheme – The design and development of the scheme has been done by the state government of Gujarat. Its funding and implementation will be done by the state authority exclusively.
- Special facility for government employees – All those candidate whose parents are associated with the state government professionally, will be given an age benefit of 5 years.
- Grant for backward areas – There are many regions in the state where the academic institutes do not have accommodation facilities for the students. If any candidate has got admission in an institute like this, he/she will be provided with an extra sum of Rs. 1200 for a span of 10 months. The money will assist them in finding adequate accommodation.
- Granting other academic assistance – Apart from the monetary assistance for acquiring higher education, the candidates of 10th and 12th standard will also get additional grant for purchasing books and other supplies.
- All students of the state – The state government will not make any discrimination among the pupils on the basis of religion, caste, sex, or creed. They must meet the eligibility criteria, which have been mentioned as under.
Eligibility criteria of the scheme
- For the residents of Gujarat only – The Mukhyamantri Yuva Swavalamban Scholarship scheme has been designed for the development and assistance of the students who are residents of the state of Gujarat. Thus, only those candidates will be able to register who are residing and acquiring education within in the borders of the state.
- Income related criteria – It has been mentioned in the draft of the scheme that only those students will be allowed to get the benefits of the scheme that do not have an annual family income of more than Rs. 4.5 lakhs.
- Criteria for pupils of 10th and 12th class – The guidelines also highlight that those students who are studying the either class 10 or 12 will also be able to get the benefits of scholarship only if they secure 90% in the final examinations.
- Listed subjects will be covered – The state government will provide monetary assistance to the selected students only if they are pursuing the any of the courses that has been listed under the scheme.
Scholarship rules of the scheme
- Grant for medical research and dental courses – All candidates who have been selected in any of the medical research institutes or any dental college will stand a chance to acquire a grant of 10 lakhs from the government, for meeting the academic expenses. The money will be provided for a span of 5 years.
- Grant for other courses – The state government has stated that the students who are pursuing higher education in the subjects like Nursing, Physiotherapy, Pharmacy, Homeopathy, Engineering and Ayurveda will be entitled to get a grant of Rs 50000, if they get selected in state run university or college.
- Grant for 10th and 12th toppers – It has also been highlighted in the scholarship scheme that the state will also award the toppers of 10th and 12th If they get more than 90% and desire to acquire higher education, the state will provide them with Rs. 25,000.
- Grant for BA, Bed or BSc – The students who have acquired admission in any private or government college, under the B.Sc, BA or Bed courses, will be assisted by the state as well. The selected candidates will either be given Rs.10,000 on an yearly basis or the state will pay half of the entire course fee (whichever less.)
- Additional grants and facilities – As per the scheme draft, the state government will also provide the students with money to purchase uniforms or the dresses will be made available by the government agencies. Educational supplies will also be provided.
- Monitoring fee structure of private institutes – The state government will make sure that the private institutes are not charging too much money for the courses. The fee structure will be monitored and altered to make sure that students from all sections of the society get a chance to acquire education.
Important documents required for the scheme
- Proof of residence – As the benefits will be given only to those students who are residents of Gujarat; all applicants will have to attach a copy of their residential papers with the registration form.
- Notarized Affidavit – All applicants will also have to provide a notarized affidavit. The affidavit must be done on a non – judicial stamp paper that is worth Rs. 20 only.
- Admission and fee papers – The students will have to submit all papers that are associated with the course they are pursuing. Along with the admission papers, the applicants will also have to submit the receipt of admission fee.
- Hostel accommodation papers – Apart from the fee of the course, the state authority will also provide the applicant with financial assistance to pay the hostel accommodation. For this, the hostel admission documents and accommodation fee receipt must also be attached with the registration form.
- Income certificate – As there is an income related criteria, the applicants will also have to attach a copy of the income certificate with the application form.
- Details of the bank account – All grants or scholarship money will be transferred into the bank account of the student or his/her parents. For this, the account number, bank and branch name etc must be provided with the form.
Registration process of the scheme
Online application procedure:
- If any candidate wants to get the monetary assistance from the state government, he/she will have to click on the link mysy.guj.nic.in. It will give the students access to the official site of the scheme.
- Once the home page has opened, the “New Application” button must be clicked on. This button is located at the upper right side of the page.
- Clicking on the link http://mysy.guj.nic.in will give the students access to the online application form directly.
- For all candidates who have been registering for the first time, the link marked as “If you have not registered please. Click for Registration” must be clicked. As soon as link is clicked, the candidate will get access to registration form.
- Candidates who have already registered and have their login particulars can get access accordingly. If any student is registering for the first time, then he/she will have to mention some details in the form.
- The student will have to mention the level of course, the admission year, the board under which the degree will be issued, stream of course, enrollment code, birth date of the student and the active mobile number.
- Once all these fields have been filled, the student must click on the button that is marked as “Get Password.”
- As soon as the button has been clicked, the site will generate a unique password for the respective candidate. The password will provide the candidate access to the rest of the application form.
- The next section will require the details like the name of the father, residential address, information related to academic field, yearly income of the family and associated details of the bank account.
- After the form has been filled, the candidate needs to click on the button that is marked as “Submit.”
- Once the successful submission of the application form has been done, the site will issue a MYSY reference code. This unique code can be used to track the status of the application later on.
Offline application procedure:
- The eligible candidates can also apply under the scheme via offline procedure as well. The application form can be downloaded by clicking on the link https://www.vijay-rupani.in/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/mysy_form.pdf.
- Once the form has been downloaded and printed out, all the fields must be filled with correct data.
- The name of the student, address, contact details, guardian’s name, and caste must be filled in to meet the identification verification requirements. Apart from this, the candidate will also have to provide the details related to academics like the name of the college, course, total fee, hostel fee, hostel address etc.
- The student will also have to mention whether he/she is getting any grant under any other state or central scheme. In addition to this, the enrollment number must also be mentioned in the application form.
- Once all details have been filled in, the candidate will have to attach a recent passport sized photograph and all other required documents’ photocopies with the form.
- After rechecking the entered data and signing the application form, it must be submitted in the respective department of the state government.
- Once the verification has been done by the government authority, the selected candidates will be notified accordingly.
It has been estimated that the Gujarat state government will have to shell out about 1000 crores for paying the fee of the selected candidates. Students from science, commerce and arts, technical and medical fields will be equally benefited by the implementation of the scheme.