Goa Grant Scheme for Local Language Konkani and Marathi
Goa government has announced a scheme related to local language. The scheme namely Goa Grant Scheme will be launched to encourage the local language of the states such as Konkani and Marathi. According to the scheme the state government will provide Rs. 400 to each student who is studying in elementary schools. The grant will be provided to give away importance to the local languages that are mandatory as medium of instruction. This Rs. 400/- grant will be paid on monthly basis for the long 10 months to each student. The scheme has launched so that the young students can acquire knowledge faster and more appropriately through their mother tongue.
GOGS scheme – at a glance
|Scheme Name||Goa Grant Scheme|
|Launched on||15th July 2016|
|Launched by||State Government|
|Announced by||Chief Minister Laxmikant Paresker|
|Government Name||State Government of Goa|
|Aim||To provide special grant of Rs. 400/- to each students from primary school to encourage study in local language – Konkani and Marathi|
|Total Budget||Rs. 6.56 Crore|
|Targeted Audience||Aided primary schools|
|Future plans||Better infrastructure, better amenities and more benefits to the schools.|
Goa Grant Scheme Key Features
- Goa Grant Scheme (GOGS) is launched by the state government of Goa. The CM Laxmikant Parsekar has announced the scheme on 15th July 2016 in an event.
- Under the scheme all the primary school students will get a special grant of Rs. 400/- per month. The grant is being paid to them to take up Konkani or Marathi as one of their languages which are their mother tongue.
- The scheme is launched to encourage the local languages such as Konkani and Marathi. These languages are mandatory as the medium of instructions especially for the elementary schools. To make it more important the state government has launched the scheme.
- The grant will be paid to the students on monthly basis for the long 10 months in a year. It will be a special grant so the other grants (if any) will be same as before.
According to the reports the state government will be allocating Rs. 6.56 Cr for the scheme. After launching the scheme the authority has declared that the government has to bear nearly 6 Cr liabilities to proceed further with the scheme. The scheme is for the primary schools which are already aided by the government.
- Under this scheme each student will get a special grant of Rs. 400/- per month for the next 10 months in a year. The scheme is to encourage local mother tongue.
- The scheme focuses on the local languages Konkani and Marathi. The CM said, with this scheme now the medium of instructions will be in the local languages. It is for the promotion of primary education in local language.
- The GOGS is concentrating on the local language because the authority thinks if the kids will get to study in their mother tongue then they will acquire the skill and knowledge more easily and faster than before.
- With the help of this scheme the state government will be providing better infrastructure and more benefits to the primary schools across the state. The state government has planned to allocate nearly 12 lakhs a year for the betterment of the schools.
- The scheme is only for the aided schools. No other school will get such benefits from the government. The GOGS will be applicable to those students who are studying in aided schools.
- The scheme is for the primary and elementary schools only. Students who are studying in high school are not eligible for the scheme. The kids from other private or non-aided schools are not eligible either.
- The grant is launched by the state government of Goa and only focuses on two languages Konkani and Marathi. Other languages aren’t taking into consideration.Other Articles