Ghar Ghar Rozgar and Karobaar Scheme in Punjab
The Ghar Ghar Rozgar and Karobaar Yojana are aimed towards providing more employment opportunities to the youth of Punjab. The scheme opened with 25 persons getting appointment letters and as many as 27,000 appointment letters were handed over to the youth for 3000 government posts.
“Unemployment allowance scheme as the name of Har ghar to ek has been launched by Punjab state for unemployed youth. “
|Scheme||Ghar Ghar Rozgar and Karobaar Scheme in Punjab
|Launched Date||September 2017|
|Special guest on the event||1. The Finance and Employment Generation Minister Mr. Manpreet Singh Badal
2. Local Bodies Minister Mr. Navjot Singh Sidhu
3. Technical Education Minister MR. Charanjit Singh Channi
4. Power Minister Rana Gurjit Singh.
|Some of the notable companies that were present at the event||1. Wal-Mart India,
2. International Tractors Limited,
3. Vardhaman Textiles Limited
|Event place||Indian School of Business|
|Target Audience||Employment for youth of the state|
Objective Of the Scheme
- Objective: The objective of this scheme is mainly employment generation. Mr. Manpreet Singh also assured the industrialists that they will set up many employment opportunities in the state.
- Need for scheme: This scheme comes at a time when a large part of the bright students of the state are settling in foreign countries because of lack of employment schemes in the state. To avoid this, the state shall try to create more opportunities within the state.
Ghar Ghar Rozgar and Karobaar Main Features
- Vocational education: Channi announced at the event that to take the scheme forward the government would set up vocational education. This would help bridge the gap between professional education and academic studies. In turn, the student can find jobs easily.
- Employment fairs: He also announced that the government will organize employment fairs with which they will be able to provide jobs to about 50,000 youths in the state. This event will take place across 21 areas in Punjab.
- Emphasis on: MR. Channi also revealed the framework on which this scheme is going to be built. It shows an increased emphasis on synergizing skills, enterprise development and employment which will help achieve the objectives of the mission.
- District partnership with CII: Each district will have its own guidelines and roadmap on how to provide employment to the youth. The Employment Bureaus at Mohali, Ludhiana and Jalandhar will set these up in partnership with the CII.
- Punjab economic boost: This drive will also help boost the economy of Punjab. Mr. Badal announced at this event that this scheme aims to make the future of Punjab and economically well off one.
- Number of students: Approximately 2.80 lakh unemployed youth will receive training under this scheme. Among these, 50,000 students are to get immediate employment opportunities in spaces including state organizations and government departments.
- Expected salary package: The salary packages included in this scheme would range between Rs. 1.25 lakh to Rs. 21 lakh per annum.
- The state signed 34 Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) with various employers and industrial organizations on this date. With these, the government has joined hands to provide employment under this scheme.
This scheme will bring forth a drastic change in the economic scenario of the space. It will also ensure that a lot of unemployed youth find jobs within the state and that they do not have to go abroad in search of opportunities.