Free Set Top Boxes Scheme In Tamil Nadu
The state government of Tamil Nadu has announced the launch of first of its kind scheme in the state. Under the new scheme the state government will be distributing set top box for free to the people of the state. The state government has announced to run the scheme for the subscribers “free of cost” initial charges.
|Name||Free Set Top Boxes scheme in TamilNadu|
|Launched date||September 2017|
|Launched by||Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Edappadi K. Palaniswami|
|Operated by||TamilNadu Arasu Cable TV through the local operators|
|Supervised by||Centre Chennai|
Key Features of the Free Set Top Boxes Scheme in TamilNadu
- Under the new scheme it is certain that the Subscribers can get a chance to enjoy entertainment for an affordable monthly cost.
- The government has also announced that the Digital signal will be transmitted by Arasu cable TV Corporation LTD.
- According to the sources it is certain that the state government aims to provide the subscribers with set top boxes with a period of three months.
- The subscribers will also be able to enjoy high quality picture and sound via DAS (Digital Addressable System).
- The government has also issued a set budget for the entire project along with the release of the work order for the same.
- The state government has also approached all local cable operators to help distribute the set top box to the subscribers.
- To make it more effective the state government has announced to set up a control center in Chennai to regulate and monitor the distribution process.
- The subscribers would also be provided with affordable one time registration along with maintenance just for Rs 200.
- With the launch of the new scheme it is certain that the state government aims at targeting over 70.52 lakh subscribers who are already connected to Television network via cable operators.
- Once implemented it is certain that the state government shall be able to generate over 233.67 crore Rupee as Over all profit this year for 2016-17.
- For better implementation of the service and quality the state government also launched an upgraded control centre for MPEG4 services that shall be transmitting digital signal to the subscribers.
Package Details under the scheme
- The subscribers will be able to enjoy for different packages offered by the service provider – Starting from Package 1 to Package 4.
- Package 1 – Under this package subscribers will be able to enjoy 22 paid channels along with 158 channels for free at the rate of Rs 125 monthly fee.
- Package 2 – Subscribers will be able to enjoy 158 Free channels along with 72 paid channels just for Rs 175 for monthly subscription fee.
- Package 3 – Under this subscription it is certain that Subscribers will be offered with around 158 and 102 free and paid channels just by paying Rs 225 as subscription charges for one month.
- Package 4 – Under this package it is certain that subscribers will be offered with over 158 free channels along with 142 paid channels just by paying monthly subscription fee of Rs 275.
- The government has also made it clear that the subscribers will have to pay over 18 percent GST as applicable.
It is certain that with the launch of the new scheme in the state The TN government aims at starting a new initiative in the field of entertainment for the local people. The state owned cable TV service can be enjoyed by the subscribers for an affordable monthly charge along with digital quality picture and sound.