Apply On rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in For Rajasthan Free Laptop Yojana
Students are the future of any state. If they get adequate opportunity to success in academic pursuits, they will be able to develop the present condition of the respective area. Thus, the state authority of Rajasthan has launched a new scheme that will provide competent students with free laptops. Only candidates who have scored high marks will be able to get this benefit.
Launch details of the scheme
Rajasthan Chief Minister, Mrs. Vasundhara Raje announced the official launch of the Free Laptop Yojana. It was announced in the early months of 2017. As it was recently made operational, the state will soon launch a site for the scheme. The responsibility to look after proper implementation of this program rests on the shoulders of Secondary Education Department of Rajasthan.
Key features of the scheme
- Empowering poor candidates – The main target of this program is to provide poor and needy candidates with free laptops. It will encourage and empower students and they will strive for higher education as well.
- Free laptop for toppers – This scheme has been implemented by state government to provide each state level topper with a laptop. The laptops will be given as a reward and the candidates need not pay any money for this.
- Total number of beneficiaries – As of now, the state has declared than it will provide 21,300 candidates with laptops. It will be a reward from the state for their meritorious results.
- Total coverage area of the scheme – Candidates from all 12 districts will be selected. The toppers from these areas will constitute the final list.
- Candidates from all three streams – Applicants of standard 12 are divided into science, commerce and arts section. The toppers from each stream will be selected as per the guidelines of this program.
- State sponsored scheme – The scheme will require a huge amount of funding, keeping in mind the whooping number of candidates that Rajasthan government wants to cater to. As it has been sponsored by the state authority, all financial requirements will be met by the state.
Eligibility criteria of the scheme
- Resident of Rajasthan – As the design and development of the scheme has been done for enhancing the educational standards of candidates of Rajasthan; it is obvious that students who are legal residents of this area will be permitted to take part in this program.
- Selection based on standard – The beneficiary list will be prepared strictly on selection basis. Meritorious candidates of 8th 10th and 12th standard will be able to make the application to get a free laptop. Candidates of other classes will not get the facility.
- Students of state monitored school – It is mandatory that the applicant is studying in a school that is under the state board. Apart from this, the applicant will have to continue education in the same or any other state run school as well. Otherwise, he/she will not get the laptop.
- Marks related criteria – Only those applicants will be able to make the preliminary cut who have secured at least 75% marks in the final exam of respective standard. Based on the marks these candidates have attained, the merit list will be prepared.
- Number of student per class – As per the guidelines of this scheme, a certain number of candidates will be chosen from each class. Thus, no more than 6000, 6300 and 9000 applicants will be chosen for the final list, from 8th, 10th and 12th standard respectively.
Important documents required
- Residential certificates – It has been clearly mentioned that all candidates who desire to apply for the free laptop must be residents of the state. They should study in schools that are located within the borders of the state as well. Thus, documents to prove residential claim is a must.
- Mark sheets – As there is a score related criteria, each applicant will have to furnish photocopies of the mark sheet as well. It will assist verification officers in making sure that the candidate has acquired more than 75% or not.
- Documents of school – Applicants who study in schools that are operated by the state government will be allowed to get a free laptop. Thus, a document that proves that association of the candidate with the school is a must.
- Aadhar card – Keeping in line with the mandate of central government, submitting a photocopy of each candidate’s Aadhar card is a must. The code will assist in verification, tracking the application and registering the progress of this scheme.
How to apply for the scheme?
- The candidates will have to collect the application from online portal of this scheme. The link of the authorized website is http://rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in/. Apart from this link, the schools can also provide them with these forms.
- After filling the application form and attaching the documents, each applicant will need to submit the forms at the office of the respective department.
- Once all results are declared by the state education board, applications will be short listed and verification will be done.
- Accordingly the list of final beneficiaries will be prepared. Once applicants have been picked, their names will be sent to respective schools.
- It will be the responsibility of the school administration to assist the selected candidates in acquiring the free laptop.
When selected candidates get access to their own laptops, they will get the necessary boost to pursue further education. Apart from this, they will also get required skills in operating the laptop and will get acquainted with the far reaching power of the internet.