Farmer Loan Waiver Scheme in Karnataka 2018 [Application Form, Process, Download, Eligibility Criteria, Portal Documents] Farmers List, Last Date
Finally the verdict is out. BJP has succeeded in winning the heart, confidence and votes of common people in Karnataka. The counting took place on the 15th of May, and BJP dominated Congress in most areas. So, it is time to see how the new ruling party performs. The BJP has already made a good start with the announcement of Farmer Loan Waiver scheme in the state.
BS Yeddyurappa took the oath to fulfill the duties of Chief Minister of Karnataka on the 17th of May, 2018. He is the 23rd CM and Governor Vajubhai Vala was also present during this. BS Yeddyurappa was quick to announce his first agenda that was to relinquish farmers’ loan. He instructed the revenue secretary of Karnataka to report to him as soon as possible.
- Development of agriculture – The main aim of the state government behind the announcement of this project is to provide respite to the poor and needy farmers, with loan waiver.
- Loan Waiver – There are several loan relinquishing schemes, operative in the state. But the CM is bent on providing more financial assistance to agricultural workers with this new program.
- Total amount waived – As declared by the new CM of Karnataka, the farmer loan waiver scheme is first on this to do list. Under this scheme, all farmers of the state will receive a waiver of Rs. 1 lakh.
- Other agricultural projects – Apart from the loan waiver scheme, the CM is all set to loom into the other agricultural projects like providing better farm tools, low electricity and water pumps. All these were in its election manifesto.
- Beneficiary – The benefits of the scheme will be given directly to the farmers. The CM said that all agricultural labors who had acquired financial credit from the banks will be given respite by waiving the said amount. Thus, the farmers will not have to worry about the payment of at least 1 lakh.
- Budget for agriculture – Before the election, the BJP has stated in its agenda report that in case they come to power, they will offer new and improved schemes for agriculture as well as farmers. For that, they have highlighted an allocation of Rs. s 1.5 lakh crore.
With this scheme, the BJP government will be able to give some respite to the poor agricultural labors. It is just the first day for the CM and he has wowed the farmers with this new scheme announcement.