Delhi Government Educational Loan Scheme for Higher Education and Skill Development.
The Delhi government is providing a loan to the students for pursuing technical and professional courses. Education loan up to Rs. 15 lakh will be provided to the students for this purpose. The government officials declared that the loan will facilitate those families that cannot arrange loans for higher education. For this purpose, if the student is going abroad for pursuing higher studies, the loan amount can be arranged.
The student must have applied to a government recognized or approved college or institute or university to be eligible for this loan. Also, the student will have to have taken up a technical or professional course at those colleges. The parent or guardian of the student will have to be the co-borrower of the loan and they will have to produce some documents to verify whether the student is eligible for the loan or not.
- The student must provide an affidavit saying that no loan for such purposes has already been taken from any financial institution. This is a must.
- Caste certificate, if any, is required to verify whether the candidate belongs to sc/st/obc category. In case the candidate belongs to minority community, an affidavit will be required.
- In case the candidate is handicapped, he or she needs to produce a disability certificate issued from a government hospital in order to verify themselves.
- Three passport size photos of the candidate, the co-borrower and the guarantor will be required. In this case the guardian is the co-borrower so you will need a guarantor as well.
- Proof of letter of admission along with scholarship or freeship letter copies, if any, are required to be produced. Also a copy of the pass certificate of last examination needs to be produced.
- The birth certificate of the candidate is a must. Also, copies of ration card/voter ID card/ passport of the guarantor must be presented. Asset statement of the co-borrower need to be produced.
- An income certificate needs to be produced, verified by the SDM of the area. Bank account statement of the applicant needs to be produced.
- The copy of the scheduled payment at the college or university needs to be produced. Also, the signature of the co-borrower and guarantor must be verified by the bank.
Overview of Delhi Government Educational Loan Scheme for Higher Education
|2||Loan amount in India||Up to Rs. 7.50 lakh|
|3||Loan amount abroad||Up to Rs. 15 lakh|
|4||No. of guarantors||Depend upon quantum of loan|