Delhi Doorstep Services Scheme
The residents of Delhi are all set to get several government services delivered at their doorstep with the help of this Delhi Doorstep Services Scheme. This means that the government officials will visit your house and deliver the services to you. It is the first of its kind to be availed anywhere in the country.
|Name||Delhi Doorstep Services Scheme|
|Announcement Made On||Nov 2017|
|Expected implementation||March 2018|
|Launched by||Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal|
|Key People||Delhi residents|
Features of the scheme
- Certificates at your doorstep: The main idea of this scheme is to provide the certificates and the official documents to the doorstep of the individuals.
- No more long queues: The best benefit of this scheme is that it will kill the long queues and it will also save time for both the people and the government.
- Fee: A nominal fee shall be charged for providing these services. However, the government is yet to decide how much they should charge for these services.
- Time efficient: This process is likely to save a lot of time of the residents of the state. It will at the same time ensure that you are getting the benefits according to your time.
- Easy availability of ID: You no longer have to carry your vital documents from place to place. You can keep them at your own home wherein the officials can verify it from.
First phase details
In the first phase, the government will provide many services. But still the citizens will have to go to the office if their physical presence is necessary for the same. In this phase about 15 services (mentioned below) will be included. From 2018 to 2019 the first phase of this scheme shall be implemented.
Second phase details
In the second phase of implementation, total 40 public services are aimed to be provided at people’s doorstep. The government will keep adding such services till all the services are in the list.
Mobile Sahayaks Details
- The mobile Sahayaks will be chosen via private organizations. Not only that, the government also aims to set up call centers across the state so that whenever someone needs assistance, they can call the mobile sahayaks.
- The mobile Sahayaks will be very flexible in the fact that they will visit your house and then complete all the formalities. You can therefore fix an appointment with the sahayak over telephone in future.
- The Mobile Sahayaks will also be very well equipped. They will carry all the necessary machinery such as a camera and the biometric devices to take the prints.
Services under Delhi Doorstep Services Scheme
These are the aforementioned services that you will get delivered to your doorstep under this scheme –
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Handicap person pension
- Old age pension
- Ration card
- Marriage registration
- Driving license
- Duplicate RC
- Change in Address RC
- Water connection
- Transfer of ownership of vehicles
- Birth/death certificate
This scheme has been set up with a very beneficial idea. But it is still at a nascent stage. Only after its implementation the government will figure out the full scope of events. However, if it is properly implemented, it has the potential to transfer services at a greater efficiency.