Bhamashah Swasthya Bima yojana
Bhamashah Swasthya Bima yojana is a scheme that is focused on helping the IPD and other patients and offers them with access to cashless facilities for treatment. The scheme is available to all the people who are registered under this scheme and the National Food Security Act.
|Name of the scheme||Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana|
|Launched by||Rajasthan government|
|Scheme targeted towards||IPD patients and other patients of the Rajasthan state|
|Launched on||Budget of the year 2014-15|
|Estimated Number of benefited under this yojana||4.5 million|
The scheme is a Rajasthan state exclusive scheme. The insurer of this scheme is the New India Assurance Company, it was chosen by the Government as it provides policies with the best rates and features.
Objective of the scheme
The main objective of this yojana is to provide an easier access to good quality medical facilities and surgical treatment in private and government hospitals to the residents of Rajasthan. The government wants to improve the healthcare facilities of the State and motivate people in availing better treatment facilities. The government wants to reduce the burden of the people in sending huge amount behind treatments, and make them use insurance facilities. The scheme would aim at improving the healthcare facilities in the rural areas of Rajasthan and bring about better medical facilities in the state.
Features of the Bhamashah Swasthaya Bima Yojana
- The scheme would offer coverage for both secondary and tertiary illness. The sum amount insured for secondary illness is Rs.30000 and for tertiary illness it is Rs.300000. apart from this the scheme would cover pre-hospitalization charges for up to seven days and a post-hospitalization charge for up to 15 days. There will also be a transportation coverage given from Rs.100 to Rs.500.
- The benefits of the scheme could be used by the beneficiary at both government and private hospitals based on package rates on cashless basis. It has been announced that patients will be benefitted for 500 packages under critical illness, 1045 packages under general illness and 170 packages are reserved for government hospitals.
- The package cost under the scheme will include hospital bed charges, consultant fees, boarding and nursing charges, medicine, implants, blood, anesthesia and pathological diagnostic charges. Food expense during hospitalization of the beneficiary will also be a part of the package.
- The scheme will be available for all the residents of Rajasthan who are covered under the NFSS and RSBY
- The scheme will offer a Bhamashah Card to all the beneficiaries which would be used to implement the scheme and recognize the beneficiaries of it.
- Under this scheme technology and grading system will be used to grade the hospitals for their quality, this will motivate the hospitals to maintain standards in their performance.
Benefits of the scheme
- Most of the people in the rural regions go to the government hospitals to avail low cost treatment or free treatment benefits, due to which the government hospitals re over-booked. This scheme will reduce the burden from government hospitals as the scheme would cover treatment in private hospitals as well.
- Poor families who cannot afford to get treatment in private hospitals or in hospitals with better facilities will now be able to, with the coverage under this scheme.
- With more people availing benefits of the private hospitals, the private hospitals will be encourages to open up branches in rural areas as well.
- Due to money problem many are reluctant to avail medical care or treatment, the scheme would surely meet this problem.
How to apply for the scheme
There are two stages built by the authority of this scheme using which the beneficiaries are chosen. They are- qualification stage and the bid stage. The interested candidates should fist cross the qualification stage with respect to the provisions of Request for Quotation and once this is done, the applicant goes on to the Bid stage which involves Request for Proposal.
The Indian government has put forward some guideline that will apply to the qualification of bidders. At any point of the time the bidder may be disqualifies due to any breach of the guidelines. If all the guidelines are met by the applicant then he or she must provide an undertaking of the scheme under the Appendix I form. Once this is done the short-listed applicant will have to furnish their bids which should be based on the terms and conditions which has been specified in the Bidding documents.