Apply Maharashtra Farmer Loan waivers Yojana | Kisan loan Mafi Maharashtra | Karj mafi Maharashtra
In the latest updates on Maharashtra state, the cabinet in the state has announced that it has decided to waive off Rs 34,000 crore farm loan in the state of Maharashtra. The official announcement was made under the leadership of Mr. Fadnavis, who is the Chief Minister of the state.
Date of implementation of the loan waiver scheme
- According to the statements made by the Maharashtra state cabinet it is certain that the farm loan waiver scheme will be effective for state farmers from 31st October 2017.
Eligibility criteria for far loan waiver scheme
- The state government has already stated that the loan waiver scheme will be valid for the farmers through out Maharashtra state.
- Apart from this it is also certain that in the initial stages the farm loan waiver scheme will be made available for farmers who are having medium and small land holdings that is restricted to around 5 acres in measurement.
- It is also certain that any farmer in the state who has till date not defaulted in repaying back the loan amount and are having some loan amount pending in the present year are eligible for taking full benefit under the scheme.
Key factors of the scheme
- Under the new scheme implemented by the state government it is certain that the government aims at offering a relief of Rs 1.5 lakh each farmer in their debt amount.
- Apart from this the government has also made it very clear that any farmer who has been regular with repayment of the loan amount will also be able to get return benefit of around 25 percent of the loan amount.
- Under the scheme to make the process of implementation more effective for farmers the government has announced that one month salary will be contributed by the states MLA’s which will help waive off the loan amount for farmers.
- The scheme is also expected to offer relief to over 89 lakh state’s farmers including 40 lakh state’s agriculturists to overcome their debt burden.
- The state government has also announced that a special package shall be included in the loan waiver scheme for any farmer who has been repaying back the loan amount on regular basis in the past years.
How to apply for farm loan waiver scheme?
- In order to apply for the far loan waiver scheme the state farmers can directly visit the respective banking and financial institutions that had approved their farm loans.
- Apart from this some selected nationalized banks have also been selected by the state government for helping with the process for the farmers.
- Farmers can also collect more information regarding registration and eligibility by logging on to the official website.
Immediate steps taken by the state government
According to the statements made by CM of Maharashtra, it is certain that Mr. Uddhav Thackeray (Shiv Sena Chief), NCP head Mr. Sharad Powar and leaders of the congress party have also been apprised about waive off scheme proposal. Final decisions will be taken by the joined cabinet meeting of state’s ministers.
Direct Benefit Transfer Portal (DBTP) for Farm Loan Waiver by the Maharashtra Govt.
A new online portal (https://dbtbharat.gov.in/stateut/?sid=Mjc= )will be very soon launched by the Maharashtra govt. which will help in provide loan waiver facility directly to the farmers of the state. This portal will be named as DTBP which will create a database regarding the loans of farmers and their waivers. This portal will not only be beneficial to efficiently distribute the loan waiver facility by the state govt. to the farmers, but also to eliminate instances of malpractices.
Some features of the Direct Benefit Transfer Portal:
- The Hon’ble CM of Maharashtra has declared that the DBTP is in its final phase and soon will be rolled out in the state which will benefit thousands of farmers. Total expense to be borne by the state govt. for this loan waiver to farmers is around Rs. 36,000 crore.
- Online registration to this portal may be done by the farmers themselves. They may log in to this portal and register for the loan waiver by providing their credentials, income, land records, etc.
- To avoid any frauds, the Aadhaar cards of beneficiaries will also be linked during registration.
- Those farmers who have other source of income and perform tax filing for the same are not eligible for this waiver.
- Also farmers who are retired service holders with monthly pension of more than Rs. 15,000 are also ineligible.