Anundoram Borooah Award Free Laptop Scheme Assam Student List (Registration Process )
The State government of Assam is running one reward scheme for the meritorious students of the state who have scored Start marks in the matriculation level. Under this scheme, certificates as well as free laptops / cash rewards will be distributed to the eligible beneficiaries. The Dept. of Education is governing the entire laptop distribution project.
|Name||Anundoram Borooah Award Free Laptop Cash Reward Scheme|
|Launched by||Chief Minister of the state, Shree Tarun Gogoi|
|Supervised by||Dept. of Planning and Development|
|Dates||4th Aug to 18th Aug (5 PM)|
|Help Line||03612724222 (10 AM – 5 PM)|
|Support Help email@example.com|
The state govt. has certain guidelines regarding the eligibility criteria to get full benefits of the scheme which are explained below:
- As this laptop distribution scheme is sponsored by the State govt. of Assam, the students should be only permanent domicile of the state with proper residential certificate from the appropriate authority.
- The students who have scored Star marks in their matriculation or Class 10th examination for the academic session of 2017 – 2016 are eligible to register for this scheme this year. The Assam State govt. also decided to include those students who have secured first division in the final examinations held by the Madrassas under SMEB.
- Those students who have passed the HSLC exams from the schools affiliated to Assam state board (SEBA)or Marassas under the SMEB, Assam or the Sanskriti Examination Board are eligible for this reward scheme. Thus, students from other central boards like CBSE, ICSE are not eligible for this scheme.
Key Features Of The Scheme
- This laptop distribution project is named after a great Assamese scholar named Anundoram Borooah. Born in Guwahati in the year 1850, he was the fifth Indian who joined the Civil Services and the first to represent the state of Assam.
- Under this scheme, the Assam state govt. provides a certificate of merit to the start marks holders who have passed their 10th standard examinations. Along with the certificate, laptops with good specifications will also be provided to the eligible beneficiaries. Previously when the scheme was first introduced in the year 2005, the Assam govt. used to distribute personal computers.
- The govt. has also provided an option to opt for cash rewards instead of the laptops. Hence, those students who do not need laptops as they already own one may choose cash reward. This cash reward will be equivalent to the price of laptop being provided.
- After necessary formalities and approval, the laptops or cash reward along with certificate will be distributed to the students, only through their concerned schools.
Laptop Specification and Distribution date
The laptops to be distributed are technically sound and have good specifications which will be very helpful for the students in their higher classes. The technical specifications of the laptops to be distributed under this scheme are mentioned below:
|1.||Brand||Hewlett Packard (HP)|
|2||Model||HP 1000- 1336 TU NB|
|3||Processor||Intel Pentium 2030 M|
|4||Storage||500 GB SATA|
|5||RAM||4 GB (DDR3)|
|6||Operation System||UBUNTU 14.0.4 LTS (May be switched to Windows 64 Bit)|
|7||Display size||14 inch|
|8||Display type||LCD screen (Anti glare) with 1366 X 768 resolution.|
|9||Connectivity||WLAN, WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0|
|10||Physical weight||2.2 Kg|
|11||Graphics||Intel HD graphics 3000|
|12||Speakers||Altec Lansing speakers|
|13||Battery backup||4 hours (6 cell Lithium ion)|
|14||Features||· 3 USB slot
· SD card slot
· 1 HDMI slot
· 1 VGA/DSUB slot
· Microphone/speaker jack
· Built in Webcam
· Touchpad with Multi touch gesture support
- There is no physical mode of application and all required documents are to be scanned and uploaded during the registration for the scheme through its online portal.
- A scanned copy of Matriculation pass certificate in PDF format is required which should be attested by the Principal or Head of the school from where the student has appeared for the Class 10 exams.
- In addition to this, a scanned photograph of the student (passport size) in JPEG/JPG format is to be uploaded which also needs to be self attested. The image size must be within 200 KB.
How to get Application Form and How to Register in the Scheme
- Students who wish to register for this scheme need to visit the scheme website – http://arbas.assam.gov.in for online registration. In the home page, there is a blue panel where applicants should click on the left panel and proceed with ‘Online Registration’.
- This will open a new page for ‘Online Registration of Student’s Data Sheet’. Here the applicant should login by providing credentials such as his / her centre code, Class 10 roll number, total marks obtained and click on ‘Submit’ button.
- After this initial data sheet registration, student will need to upload the scanned copies of required documents in proper formats mentioned above.
- A registration acknowledgement will be provided to the applicant for future reference. This will be delivered in the registered e-mail ID as well as mobile number.
How to check merit list or status of the candidate
- In this online portal, the updated lists of awardees are there where candidates may check their names by selecting their district and type of school.
- There is an option ‘Awardee List’ where one can check their names in the list of awardees. There are two separate lists – Distinction Mark Holder List and Star Mark Holder List.
- On proceeding with any one option, one may either directly search their name through the search box provided or select the District and the type of school and proceed with ’Search’ option. This will populate all lists of awardees eligible under that District.
The main aim of launching the scheme is to admire and encourage the meritorious students so that they can have a good competitive mindset and perform better in their studies. In this nuclear age of globalization, the knowledge of information technology will definitely play a very important role in making student’s future.